The Old Wash Kitchen Booking Terms & Conditions
Bookings are subject to the following terms and conditions and by making payment of the deposit or balance it is agreed that you accept these terms and conditions.
1. A contract between you and the owner will come into existence when we receive deposit/ payment and accept your booking by issuing a confirmation of booking for the holiday dates shown in the rental agreement. The contract binds you & all the members of your party. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party accept the terms of the contract set out in these terms & conditions of booking. Failure to disclose all relevant information or comply with these terms may lead to termination of the contract & loss of the booking.
2. A non-refundable deposit equal to the cost of the first nights rental is payable at the time of booking if it is more than 42 days prior to the rental period. The remainder of the balance will become due 42 days prior to the rental period. If full payment is not received by the due date the owners reserve the right to give notice to cancel the booking. Bookings made within 42 days of the start of the rental period require full payment at the time of booking. The key code and check in details will be released 24 hours prior to your arrival subject to receipt of the full balance.
3.Subject to clause 1 and 2 above, in the event of non-insurable cancellation, refunds of amounts paid will be made if the Owners are able to re-let the property. Any expenses or losses incurred in doing so will be deducted from the refundable amount. All cancellations must be immediately notified by email.
4. A deposit of £100 will be required 7 days prior to check in to cover any costs incurred during your stay. A deduction from the deposit will be taken to cover any costs for damage, breakages, any extra cleaning and associated costs should the property be left in an unacceptable condition. The deposit, less any incurred costs if any, will be returned within 7 days of check out. Any costs over £100 will be invoiced to the lead booker.
5. We reserve the right, in the interests of safety or any other reason beyond our control, to cancel or alter arrangements made for you. In this unlikely event we guarantee to return to you any payment/charges made in full including the deposit. Should The Old Wash Kitchen not be available due to a pandemic or National emergency that has resulted in the closure of hospitality businesses as required by The British Government in the first instance you must consult your Insurance provider to reclaim costs, should you not have insurance, any monies paid will be transferred to a booking within 12 months. Should this not be suitable we will refund any monies already paid. Our liability would not extend beyond this refund. We advise all guests to obtain personal travel insurance.
6. The guest is expected to arrange a comprehensive travel insurance policy which includes cancellation cover, and to have full cover for the party's personal belongings, public liability etc. since these are not covered by the owners insurance.
7. The number of persons using the accommodation at any time must not exceed 4 and only those people listed on the booking form can occupy the property. We reserve the right to terminate the booking without notice and without refund in case of a breach of this condition.
8. Bookings cannot be accepted from persons under eighteen years of age.
9. We (the owner) reserve the right to refuse a booking without giving any reason.
10. We or our representative reserve the right to enter the cottage at any time to undertake essential maintenance, for inspection purposes or in the event of an emergency.
11. The rental period will commence at 3pm on the first day and end at 10am on the last day. The owners shall not be obliged to offer the accommodation prior to that time and the guests are not entitled to remain in the property after the agreed time. Guests are required to vacate the property by the time stated.
12. Smoking anywhere on the premises will result in immediate termination of occupancy and forfeiture of all payments. No candles, tealights or naked flame of any kind is allowed in the property for safety and insurance purposes.
13. Only two (3 subject to approval) well behaved, house trained dogs are permitted in the property by prior agreement with Owner. Guests must provide their own equipment and bowls for the dog/s and any bedding, if used, and must ensure that the dog/s are restricted to the upstairs rooms where the kitchen and lounge are located. They must not be allowed downstairs in the bedrooms and under no circumstances should they be allowed onto the beds or furniture. Dogs must not be left alone in the property. Any dirt or mess caused by your dog must be cleaned thoroughly prior to departure and if evidence of the bedrooms being inhabited by dogs is found then you will be liable for a charge for deep cleaning of the ground floor. Any damage caused by your dog will incur a charge for repair or replacement of the damaged items. Any mess which is still evident after your departure will incur a deep cleaning charge which will be deducted from your damage/housekeeping deposit. Costs over the £100 damage /housekeeping deposit taken will be invoiced to the lead booker.
14. In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to reimburse the owner in full for any loss they may incur as a result.
15. Damage to property – Please treat the facilities & accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. In the event that you notice damage in your accommodation please let us know immediately so that we can take the appropriate action. If a breakage or damage occurs during your stay please notify the Owner. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and a deduction for the cost of any damage or breakages will be taken from your damage/housekeeping deposit. Costs over the £100 damage /housekeeping deposit taken will be invoiced to the lead booker.
16. Please lock the doors and close the windows when you leave the property unoccupied.
17. We will ensure that the property is in good, clean and safe condition for your arrival, with the use of enhanced cleaning products, cleaning methods and PPE to help protect you and us from Coronavirus. At the end of the rental period we require any used towels to be placed in the bag provided and the bed linen must be stripped from the beds and placed in a separate bag which will also be provided. This is in line with PASCUK (Professional Association of Self Caterers UK) guided government recommendations for the safety of cleaning staff/owners and subsequent guests. The property must be left in a good state and in a tidy condition. Bins are to be emptied and all used crockery, cutlery and glassware washed, dried and put away. This enables us to keep the rental price low by reducing the time spent cleaning. The owner reserves the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs including extra cleaning time if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition. This will be deducted from your damage/housekeeping deposit. Costs over the £100 damage /housekeeping deposit taken will be invoiced to the lead booker.
18. Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
19. The client may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
20. The internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability and subject to fair usage. Websites unsuitable for family have been restricted.
21. The owner shall not be liable for any temporary defect or malfunction of any equipment, machinery or appliance in the building.
22. Children under 18 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times.
23. No parties or events are allowed.
24. We reserve the right to terminate a holiday without compensation where the unreasonable behaviour of the persons named on the booking (or their guests) may impair the enjoyment, comfort or health of others. As this cottage is below another cottage (an under dwelling) consideration with regards to noise must be given to the neighbours in the property above. Everyday living noise is also to be expected from the cottage above.
25. Any problem or complaint which the client may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
26. We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
27. This property is privately owned and we expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with respect.
28. We will do our utmost to protect you and your booking from the impact of any guests who exhibit symptoms of Coronavirus and will encourage all symptomatic guests to return home to self isolate to enable us deep clean the property and to protect your booking. Where any guest does exhibit symptoms of Coronavirus or any member of the party is contacted by ‘track and trace’ the lead guest must inform the owners immediately, the whole party must return home. Where the guest/s are physically unable to get home they must liaise with the NHS, and, if it is absolutely necessary for them to isolate in place, the nightly rate plus any costs incurred for the cancellation of the subsequent guests bookings must be met by the lead guest.